About Me

I was born and raised in Midland TX and couldn't wait to get out. After getting a taste of the big city life I ended up back in my home town. I married my wonderful husband Eric in March of 2006 and come September 11th our little Angel Cole was born. Life changed in an instant and I couldn't imagine life with out my boys. Eric is the most amazing father, my rock and ever quiet support and Cole is the joy of my life.I never knew that one person could bring so much unconditional love. They make me who I am today and because of that I am forever grateful

Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Recap

Our weekend was pretty nice and relaxing. As always on Fridays we have pizza and movie night then Saturday I was actually in the mood to spring clean a little bit. Cole’s drawers and our pantry were in dire need of being cleaned out amongst every closet in our house. Mom don’t get too excited I didn’t even touch the closets. That would be a two day affair, two days I don’t have right now (or maybe it’s not something I want to waste my whole Saturday on). We decide to have my fam over for burgers on the patio. I know it was crazy windy but that is the joy of having a covered patio you don’t feel a thing. Okay well just a little bit. So for months we been talking about getting a new grill; every weekend we go and then Eric pulls this well we need don’t need to spend the money on a new grill. Yes honey we do need a new grill the burners only work on two sides, it’s not like I think we need a new one because ours doesn’t look pretty. So I think I have him convinced and nope we get to the store and he pulls a no on me. I decide I am over it, he is the one cooking. Well at 4:00 he gets his keys and he is heading out the door, “Honey I am off to get a grill.” What!! Keep in mind its 4:00 and my fam is coming at 5:00. Only my husband will wait until right before everyone is coming over. So I get a call & it’s that don’t be mad voice but “I bought a Weber.” Okay Mr. we don’t need to spend the money on a new grill but let’s get the crème de la crème of grills. Oh well what you do. Now I have to admit there may have been some smarts to him waiting until the last minute as of course everyone arrived early and they got the grill put together in 45 minutes (I think he really did that on purpose. JK Love you babe) Well I will say the grill was worth it, we had some dang good burgers & the evening turned out to be pretty nice. Sunday comes and after church I decide I will put Cole down for a nap and watch Marley and Me. Big mistake, if you have not seen it and want to you better make sure you have some tissue handy. Cole decided he wants to watch it and not take a nap, it gets to the end and I won’t tell you what happens but lets just say I cried my eyes out, so much that Cole runs in to get Eric “Daddy, Daddy come here mommy is sad.” Eric comes in asking what is wrong and I am still crying “It’s this movie and I can’t stop.” I know I am such a baby but I just couldn’t help it. A must see movie. The weekend ended with my in-laws coming over for our usual Sunday Dinner, capping off a nice relaxing weekend & wishing we didn’t all have to get up and go to work on Monday. At least this week we only have to work 4 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay I am finally catching up on things...My mom and I watched that movie a few weeks ago and let me just say, you know me and I'm not an emotional person and I cried more than my mom!!! I think it had to do with the subject of dogs! I know, its crazy! I think the age thing is getting to me.