About Me

I was born and raised in Midland TX and couldn't wait to get out. After getting a taste of the big city life I ended up back in my home town. I married my wonderful husband Eric in March of 2006 and come September 11th our little Angel Cole was born. Life changed in an instant and I couldn't imagine life with out my boys. Eric is the most amazing father, my rock and ever quiet support and Cole is the joy of my life.I never knew that one person could bring so much unconditional love. They make me who I am today and because of that I am forever grateful

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I am still a baby

So I am frantically getting ready this morning with Cole at my feet crying his heart out I want my pappy (his name for his pacifier). Yes I know what you are all saying, he is 2 ½ and still sucking on a pacifier as we have heard it from everyone which is funny because most of the people who make comments had the child that sucked their thumb until they were five or a pacifier until they were four; so I just fluff it off an go on my way as I remember I am the mom and I am the one raising this precious angel of mine. However it really hit me this morning am I ever going to get him off this thing. Yes we have made several attempts and he goes all day without it. I am sure what you are thinking is just simply take it away from him. But what I need you to understand is that Cole has this cry that is undeniable the kind that makes you think you are just breaking his little heart in pieces. So has I am trying to walk out the door with him at me feet and I am reminding him that he is a big boy and big boys don’t have pacifiers. He so matter of fact while crying corrects me “but mommy I am a baby.” While this was comical to Eric & I, I realize we must put our foots down and get rid of this pappy. So of course I can’t stand it ( I am pretty sure it’s worse on me than him) I hand him over to Eric as I have to leave for work. I am almost positive he gave in a let him have the pacifier. What is a mom to do? I write this post today as a cry for help from all you mom’s who have been through this. How do I wean my baby boy off this pacifier?

2 comments:

The Rhoads said...

oh poor thing!!! It IS horrible...and if I know Eric he SOOO gave in! hahaha!
I don't have any expert advice....I am a REALLY mean mom and we didn't let our kids have their paci's pass 9 months...b/c we have a 'speech therapist' in the fam! haha!(my sis) we may not have a paci problem but I have a 3 and a half yr. old wearing diapers!!!! Look at it this way...they are not going to go in first grade in diapers with a paci...;)
Miss you guys!!!
E

Sommer said...

I have heard that you can cut off the tip of the pacifier and they will not want it anymore. Or I have heard of families burying the pacifier and a fairy comes to get it the next morning :)